7 Editor's must have for Spring!

We've got plenty on our spring/summer wish-list, but to raise the stakes—and serve up even more inspiration—we have our favorite fellow fashion editors to weigh in with their ultimate must-haves for the new season. From '70s jeans to Chanel mini-dresses, spring has never looked better.



Lanvin Asymmetrical Dress

1. Nicole Phelps, Executive Editor,Style.com


"I haven't put on a dress in months, it's been too cold in NYC. But I've been obsessing about Lanvin look number six since I saw the show in Paris. The asymmetric neckline works for me; my arms are about the only thing that gets a workout with a two-and-a-half-year old. And I love its non-color colors: I have too much black in my closet, but I'm not ready to go crazy with spring's hyper brights. Best of all, it looks great with the flats Alber Elbaz [paired] it with. When it's warm, nothing beats practical sandals for walking all over the City."


Michelle Lane Extended Prism Quill Necklace, $500, 
2. Naomi Nevitt, Online Editor, Teen Vogue


"I'd wear this necklace tucked under a buttoned-up collared sleeveless shirt or over a simple t-shirt dress. I love that it's simultaneously futuristic and organic."


Mother The Drama Flared Jeans,
3. Joyce Chang, Deputy Editor,People Style Watch


"I can't wait to take a break from my skinny jeans and get into some '70s high-waisted flares this spring. I really like the Drama Flared style from Mother, a new denim line out of L.A. We featured them in our February issue as a line to watch. They get the retro jean vibe perfectly--the color, the cut, the whole silhouette...everything. I can't wait to throw them on with a little peasant top and some major platforms."


Zero Maria Cornejo Lilu Dress, $725, 
4. Sarah Cristobal, Senior Fashion Editor, Stylelist


"After the muted tones of fall and winter, I'm excited to wear some clothes that pop with color. Top of my list for spring is one of the awesome tribal print dresses from Maria Cornejo's show. I gasped with glee when they went down the runway!


Chloé Colorblock Platform Wedge, $645, 
5. Jen Ford, Fashion News Director,Lucky


"Statement-y yet minimal—I have a feeling these will be the shoes that will go from from day-to-night, work to weekend, Manhattan to Williamsburg to London. And they're even kind of glam-beach-vacation, too. The cost per wear will be mere pennies."


6. Amy Larocca, Fashion Director,New York Magazine


"It is 27 degrees outside, and I am nine months pregnant, so all I ever wear these days are TopShop maternity jeans, my husband's Steven Alan shirts, and a Canada Goose parka big enough to cover the whole event. So, I'm thinking a lot about spring, and how nice it will feel to get DRESSED again. When I saw these dresses on the incredible Chanel runway in October, they immediately joined the Jil Sander parka at the top of my list. They look easy, pulled-together, and glamorous all at once."


Lancôme Red Haute Lipstick, $22
Kristina O'Neill, Executive Editor,Harper's Bazaar


"I've always been a fan of wearing red lipstick at night. Lately I've found myself applying it during the day, which makes me feel high maintenance in the best way."
You have read this article must haves / spring with the title 7 Editor's must have for Spring!. You can bookmark this page URL http://blackpoetrypmrapedtwice.blogspot.com/2011/01/7-editor-must-have-for-spring.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...