Viva La Venezia

Finally here are my posts from my stay in Milan..


Milan is a beautiful place.. but this post is for Venice!


I spent 2 days in Venice (on my birthday)..


I know many people will find it very odd, that I traveled solo and had a lot of fun, but you know what? I loved it so much.. It was fun not having to wait for 'others' to make up their minds and decide where to go next and what to see next and where to eat.. and other stuff!


So here are some of my lovely memories in Venice.. And also Verona, which is the city Shakespeare used in his 'Romeo and Juilet'. I was on a budget, so I made a train change at Verona..







The streets of Verona..


Outfit - Grey over coat from a budget shop for 17 euros.
Jeans from Pepe Jeans (brought from India) for about Rs.2000
Kitten heeled shoes from the Chinese woman's shop outside my place in Milan for 10 euros.
Guess Bag from Foxtown for about 50 euros.



Very pretty flower bed.. Took this for my mum who is obsessed with flowers!




!
Finally in Venice.. Thats part of the camp in which I stayed!! Also it was my 21st birthday! I made a bunch of friends at the bar, half of who cloud not speak English!! It was pretty rainy..


My first proper view of Venice that made me smile so much!



A gondola!! How cool was that now?



Up and close with a gondola now..



St. Mark's square!
And 20 minutes before this, I bought those brilliant wedges from a street shop for 10 euros!
I still wear them!






The Next day..
I actually was not supposed to stay, I was planning to leave the previous evening, but I loved this place and decided to extend it!



Done be fooled by the 'sunny' face, it was still pretty cold!
Oh and I'm back to the kitten heeled shoes, I learnt the wedges were just not very good walking shoes especially since I walked the entire day on foot and did not even once use the water taxis..



Almost the end of a lovely day..
Funny thing was, I was kinda scared when I handed my camera to a stranger to click this.. What if he ran away with it? And what if I tried to run after but missed that tiny 3 foot wide pier and fell in the water??





A very angry looking gull, maybe it realized I was trying to get a perfect shot of it for the past 5-7 minutes!!





I'm gonna miss Venice and the serenity I encountered there!



'I FEEL GREAT'
Actually that was exactly the opposite of what I felt! I had a horrible head-ache by the end of the day, thanks to the sun, that did not provide enough heat to make me take my jacket off by enough to make my head spin!
You have read this article with the title Viva La Venezia. You can bookmark this page URL http://blackpoetrypmrapedtwice.blogspot.com/2011/01/viva-la-venezia.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...