Spring's runway trends (2013)

So most of us already have seen the Spring Summer collection. We've also seen the Fall collections! But lets focus on spring now! I've already seen copies of them being made. 
Just yesterday, I saw a Prada bag with the floral print at Lokhandwala!

So this is my summary of north-worthy trends and some eye-catching and a few not so pleasing ones that went down the runway. I may have missed  lot of brands, but these are the ones I thought were worth talking about!

So in no specific order, here they are.


Blumarine
This is one trend I will be happy to try. I'm all for ombre and purple is also my favorite colour. So a definite win for me.

dSquared
Rockstar. That's all I can say. Which female popstar do you think can pull off all of these? 

Anna Sui
This look likes something I would wear. Maybe not as styled as these (sans tights) I love the layering and grungy-ness.

Betsey Johnson
I love Betsey, and I always look forward to her collection. They are just so care free and fun. Rightfully titled  'Girls just wanna have fun' while some can be worn as separates, and some are just for pure entertainment. 

Roland Mouret
Structured dresses and separates are just so hot. The peplum top gets a major makeover here!

Dolce & Gabbana
Domenico and Steffan do what they do best. Their crazy prints. While poor D&G could not make it this time, they still gave us a little bit of it. Always love their Sicilian vibe.

Balenciaga
Balenciaga gave us a sporty tango dancer. No seriously I can picture Venus Williams dancing in these. 

Moschino
Can you love and want something so bad? Well this is it. I them all! How gorgeous is the red cut-out dress?

Elie Saab
I love monochrome colours. It's perfect if you want to look leaner and taller. Isn't that what every woman wants? This looks like a big win!

Alexander McQueen
What stood out during the McQueen shows, were these pretty flouncy, princess-y dresses. Balenciaga please take note!

Jason Wu
Jason Wu brought sexiness with his line. A little bit of leather here and there. The pants for the Rockstar, the skirt for the experimenter  the dress for the bold and the peak-a-boo corset embedded in the dress for those new to the trend.

Haider Ackermann
For ages we've heard 'Pink is the new black' or 'neon is the new black' or even 'oxblood is the new black' but Ackermann begs to differ. This collection had beautiful black pieces that will make you despise colour! Tilda Swanson usually wears this label a lot. I can't wait to she what she picks first!

Diane Von Furstenberg
Diane's beatiful pieces had one thing in common. The low V-necks. Perfect for summer!

Marc Jacobs
 I knew someone who always said I looked like a prisoner when I wore stripes. Jacobs has made stripes soo chic this season. Whether worn as separates or even together with a dash of a bright colour, I think these will look awesome!

Manish Arora
Arora stuck to India this time, with an Amrapali collaboration. But he also went ahead and used jewels prints on his garments. Now how does one accessorize a dress that already has it's own bling print?

Jean Paul Gaultier
Gaultier is pure genius. Really. I loved everything that I saw. Every look and every pop star it stood for. I have to be biased and say by far this was the best SS RTW collection ever. Of course I speak as an ardent music-fanatic!

Prada
I liked Prada's line. The whole flower vibe was pretty cute.I would love to make detachable appliques to attach to some of my plain dresses or tees.

Vivienne Westwood
Take inspiration for your Halloween costume right now.

Mary Katrantzou
We've already had a few sightings of the stamp collection on celebrities. I think it's quirky and cute.

Julien MacDonald
So Sharon Stone was the inspiration here. Nailed it!

Just Cavalli
A little blue here and a splash of blue there..

Marchesa
Taking inspiration from Indian drapes and embroideries and fabrics, here is a new twist to ethnicity.

Alexander Wang
Not for the faint hearted. Only for Rihanna!

Burberry
I love colour blocking. Always have. Don't miss the shoes too!

Bottega Veneta
Inspired by the 40's, Bottega came up with this.. I thought it was pretty fabulous. In fact I used to have a teacher in school who dressed like this always. So chic!

Versace
Shaded chiffon-y pieces with surprising cut-outs. What's not to like?

roksanda ilincic
Yep we are definitely still not over 2012's colour of the year. 

Oscar de la Renta
I adore this line. The surface textures and colours are to die for!

Balmain
Now I would definitely be interested in bull-fighting, if the fighter wore something like this! The most beautiful separates!


So which trend are you going to rock this summer? Also what do you feel was the worst and should never see the light of day?

You have read this article with the title Spring's runway trends (2013). You can bookmark this page URL http://blackpoetrypmrapedtwice.blogspot.com/2013/02/spring-runway-trends-2013.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...