Peek-a-boo!

Just a couple of days I came across a 'How to wear an exposed bra' post. Now I'm all for experimenting, however, I know that the exposed bra trend may not go down very well with most people. I mean it is literally putting on a small part of your intimates for display, isn't it? But it doesn't have to be. Let's not be prudish for a while, and try it.

Anyways, I almost forgot about the post, until yesterday, while I was at Super Saturday, I found this pretty dress with a wide 'V' overlap cut. While I was making up my mind, with what to take and what to discard, I suddenly thought of the post again, while I was holding the dress very close to my 'discard pile'. My mum looked at it and told me it was too deep for me to wear and she encouraged me to chuck it in the pile. But the more I looked at it, the more I wanted it. Reverse psychology at it best, right?

So I promised my mum, I would either pin up the front or wear some sort of tube/camisole inside, and I picked it up. 
Another two reasons why I really like the dress was because, 1- It had a grey version of the galaxy print, and is not very 'in your face' as the others can tend to be.
2 - It had a high waist elastic, that I know, suits me well and makes my legs look longer than they actually are.

So I had this maroon-ish coloured bra, that's been in my closet for a while now, so long, that I don't remember from where I got it, or who got it for me. I think it was either my aunt or dad. Up close, it looks very dainty and vintage-like and is really really pretty. 

Of course there was a reason I chose this colour and not black, because the whole focal point of the look was the bra. Also I kept my neck bare (as suggested in Jenni's post - look 3), and added a watch that almost matched the bra. And lastly, I finished off with another Super Saturday buy - the pretty dark teal studded bag.

I do realise this is the most I've rambled about, for any outfit post! So moving on to the result!










My exposed bra tips

  • Less is more. Less accessories is the way to go, always. Also less cleavage please!
  • Push ups are a complete no-no! Unless that's the look you are opting for *I won't judge*
  • The bra doesn't always have to be lacy. It can variate from a sporty bra, to a regular tee shirt one with a cute trim.
  • Know your audience. There has to be a time and place to wear this. 
  • Lastly, don't over think it! If it doesn't feel right, maybe it isn't. Trust your gut instincts, and listen to the opinions of close friends.


Outfit Breakdown

Dress - Only
Bra - Can't remember!
Studded bag - Pieces
Pumps - Catwalk
Watch - Aldo
Oxidised silver wrist clasp - Tribal Zone
You have read this article bag / bra / catwalk / dress / only / outfit post / pieces / Shoes / Studs / Style tips / trend with the title Peek-a-boo!. You can bookmark this page URL http://blackpoetrypmrapedtwice.blogspot.com/2013/06/peek-boo.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...