Roberto Cavalli inspired shoes - DIY

My first official DIY on the blog!

From the moment I saw these Roberto Cavalli snake skins with the neon accents, I was hooked! 
Roberto Cavalli | Neon-trimmed python sandals | NET-A-PORTER.COM
And soon after getting hooked, I was getting ready to go out once, and, I discovered I had faux snake skin shoes too! The funny part is, my aunt got them for me, while I was shooting in Gujarat, and everybody forgot to tell me. So I discovered them on my own. It's like finding money in your pocket, but even better, since its shoes!!


Since my shoes have this teal-ish tint at places, I thought  of staying away from neon, and hence I decided to go for purple instead. However my first choice was a sea green..

So all I actually used is the acrylic paint and a brush.
You can also use nail paint.
And I started to paint along the stitch lines..
Once I finished a coat, I went back and checked which other places needed 'touching up'
Off course I did alternate between both shoes, giving them each 4-5 minutes to dry.
I also decided to make the front part a little thicker than the rest.
And after adding the final touches..

I know the color is clashing with my table!!
And yes I did go overboard with the pictures! There are about 96 pictures only of the shoes. They were a pleasure to work with!

You have read this article DIY / Shoes with the title Roberto Cavalli inspired shoes - DIY. You can bookmark this page URL http://blackpoetrypmrapedtwice.blogspot.com/2012/07/roberto-cavalli-inspired-shoes-diy.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...