Ties, dyes and a few splashes of color

For quite a while now, I have been obsessed with tie-dye stuff. I mean I just always have. I remember when they taught it to us when I was learning fashion and stuff, and I went crazy. We each had to make a tie-dye folder with at least 10-14 different dyeing techniques (yes there's that many!) and I begged my friends to let me do theirs too! Yep total nerd sometimes.

So anyways, one time, my sister was taught the same in school, so  told her take my folder if she wanted to, which she did, and her teacher went crazy and wanted me to come and do a small tie-dye demo-workshop thing with them (this was 3 years ago I'm guessing)

Now that you know a bit of the tie-dye connection, the rest continues. I was recently at the mall, getting absorbed into the various sales and what-nots. And here I walk into Lifestyles and I spot all these crazy tie dye and dip dye ombre tunics for 199 each! It was unbelievable that I bought one of each. 

With the sudden burst of rains, the area outside my house got extra green and mossy, which looked pretty good. So it became the backdrop the clothes I wore.

Mossi-ness and even a feather on the left hand side!


I experimented with layering two different tie-dye pieces with both very different colors, both the dye and the base.




I'm totally in love with the mossi-ness

I bought these shoes a long time ago for a fashion show to match my garment. The model's foot size was 40 (same as mine) and I picked a 40 obviously. But as you know, most stores here stock up with Bangkok stuff, so sizes run smaller. Hence for the model's comfort, I cut open the behind and made it like a small tie-up, of course with help from a cobbler!

The next time I wear the pink one, it's definitely going to be something funky, like with a bikini bra or something.


Pink ruffled tie-dye t-back - Lifestyle (Its actually a Large size, that's why it's 'hanging' on me. But because I couldn't find anything smaller, and I just loved it too much to let it go!)
Red tie-dye tube - Lifestyle
Purple neck piece - borrowed
Black hand cuff - Bangkok
Purple hand cuff - Blur
Purple shoes - Belly footwear 



You have read this article with the title Ties, dyes and a few splashes of color. You can bookmark this page URL http://blackpoetrypmrapedtwice.blogspot.com/2012/08/ties-dyes-and-few-splashes-of-color.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...